- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does registration open?
Registration opens Saturday, January 27, 2018.
2. What should I bring?
a. Enrichment and Academics:
i. You just need to bring your imagination and a smile for most enrichment classes.
- b. Athletics:
i. Football :
- Helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, practice jersey, pants with pads, cleats, sunscreen, water bottle
- Tennis shoes, water bottle
- Cleats, shin guards, socks, soccer ball, sunscreen, water bottle
- Water bottle, ponytail holder, spirit
3. How does weather impact your camp?
In the event of severe weather, we have procedures in place, and if the schedule needs to be altered, you will be notified immediately by email.
4. How will I know where my class is?
When you arrive on campus, there will be maps and counselors to guide you to your camp location.
5. What if I need to pick my child up midday?
Please notify camp directors by calling 615-298-9591 or emailing UnderTheOaks@OakHillSchool.org. Your child will then meet you in the front school office for dismissal.
6. What if my child gets sick or injured?
We have a registered school nurse who will be on campus full-time during camp.
7. Cancellation Policy:
- We will make every effort to offer and staff courses as described in our brochure. However, it is possible that circumstances which are not anticipated could necessitate a change. In the unlikely event that UTO cancels a course, for any reason, registrants will receive a full refund.
- If, after an offering in summer program has begun, it becomes apparent that the UTO staff has not been made aware of specific medical or emotional needs that cannot be accommodated, or if the camper is uncooperative with instructors or a detriment to other students, the camper may be removed from any current or future camp that she/he may be registered to attend without refund.
- There are no refunds after April 15 except for course cancellation. In the unusual case where refunds are appropriate (with the exception of cancelled courses), there is a $25 processing fee.
8. Is there bus service for Under The Oaks?
Under the Oaks bus transportation is now available!
New this year, Oak Hill School’s Under the Oaks Summer Program is pleased to offer bus transportation. This new bus service provides a convenient experience for you, and more importantly, safe and air-conditioned transportation on one of the buses in Oak Hill School’s bus fleet for your camper.
In order to have a seat on the bus, you will have to register your child for the week of camp that they are participating at our summer camp and that will hold one of our 48 spots. This is offered only on a weekly basis and will be a morning session pick up and afternoon drop off for $25.00. We will have a bus orientation on the first day of camp during lunch for all campers but ask that you take time to read over the bus policies and procedures prior to the first day of the bus riders week.
The times and routes are as follows:
8:10 AM Former Harris Teeter on Highway 100 4:45 PM
8:25 AM St. George’s Episcopal Church 4:30 PM
8:40 AM Woodmont Christian Church 4:15 PM
We are excited to offer this to our Under the Oaks families and hope that you choose to hold your seat on our bus!
Please see the document below for the UTO Bus Procedures.
Questions? Email Under The Oaks at UnderTheOaks@OakHillSchool.Org.
under_the_oaks_multifunction_student_activity_bus_procedures_guidelines.pdf 116.27 KB