- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - December 4, 2016
Week of December 4, 2016
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Online bidding for the 29th annual Songwriters Night, featuring three of Nashville’s top songwriters—Rhett Akins, Natalie Hemby and Barry Dean—begins tomorrow, December 5, at 8 a.m. Bidding is open to OHS parents, trustees, faculty and staff only. The top 120 bids will be awarded tickets at the respective bid price. Bidding will close Sunday, December 11, at 5 p.m. To place a bid, go to www.oakhillschool.org/songwriters.
- Our remaining two Advent services will be held on Wednesday, December 7 and 14, both at 8 a.m., in the FPC sanctuary. Please remember that students are required to wear their dress uniforms on Advent service days.
- Lower School students will enjoy a morning of Muffins ‘N Milk on Friday, December 9. Lower School students may wear a Christmas shirt with dress code bottoms on this day.
- Moms, mark your calendars to join the next Professional Moms gathering on Tuesday, December 13. The PMs will be stuffing and stamping envelopes for the Advancement Office. We will gather from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Be sure to check the Weekly Ticker next week for the location.
- We hope you will attend the special Christmas Coffee on Friday, December 16. Coffee will be served in the Rotunda at 8 a.m., followed by the Christmas program in the Auditorium at 9 a.m. Students will be dismissed for Christmas break at 11 a.m. Students should wear their dress uniforms on this day.
- As a reminder, Explorations will be closed for Christmas break, beginning Friday, December 16. If you require care for your child following the Christmas Coffee program, please make other arrangements to accommodate for early dismissal.
- On Monday, December 12, during our House meetings, students will complete a service project for the Forgotten Angel children supported by the Salvation Army. Please bring in one toy or clothing (boys or girls, size 0 to 16) item by Friday, December 9, and give to your House leader. Suggested toys for boys include soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, LEGO sets and board games, action figures or remote-control cars. Suggested toys for girls include dolls and dress-up clothes, dishes and kitchen sets, Hello Kitty and Dora the Explorer items or craft sets. Please note, boys’ clothing items are especially needed!
- You are invited to attend the joyous Christmas Eve services at First Presbyterian Church. A Christmas Eve Family Service will begin at 5 p.m., on Saturday, December 24, in the FPC sanctuary. The special Service of Lessons & Carols is Saturday, December 24, at 8 p.m. or 11 p.m. For a complete list of Advent events and Christmas programs at First Presbyterian Church, please click HERE.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, December 5
Rotation Day LL
Girls Basketball Practice, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., FPC Gym
Tuesday, December 6
Rotation Day O
Early Morning Art (PreK-2nd grade), 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Lower School Art Room
Boys Basketball Practice, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., FPC Gym
5th and 6th Grade Band and Choir Concert, 6 p.m., Auditorium
Wednesday, December 7
Rotation Day A
Early Morning Art (3rd-6th grade), 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Lower School Art Room
Moms in Prayer, 7:45 a.m. - 9 a.m., FPC Gathering Place
Advent Service, 8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m., FPC Sanctuary
Girls (Green) Basketball vs. CPA, 4 p.m., CPA
Boys (Green) Basketball vs. CPA, 5 p.m., CPA
Thursday, December 8
Rotation Day K
Sibling Testing for Kindergarten Admission, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., Board Room
Girls (Green) Basketball vs. Lipscomb Academy, 4 p.m., Lipscomb Academy
Boys (Green) Basketball vs. Lipscomb Academy, 5 p.m., Lipscomb Academy
Friday, December 9
Rotation Day H
5th Grade Field Trip, 8:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., KIPP Kirkpatrick School
December 5 - December 9, 2016
Shrimp and egg fried rice
Edamame lo mein
Vegetable egg roll
Thai chicken curry soup
Lemon and garlic chicken tenders
Spinach and provolone stuffed zucchini
Gemmeli pasta with tomato basil sauce
Vegetable barley soup
Carne asada tacos
Grilled vegetable tacos
House-made pico de gallo
BBQ pork sliders
Portabello mushroom slider
Carrot coins with thyme-honey butter
Hearty vegetable soup
Oven-baked chicken tenders
Grilled vegetable and hummus wrap
Revved up mashed potatoes
New Orleans style sausage soup
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.