- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - February 19, 2017
Week of February 19, 2017
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- School will be closed tomorrow, February 20, for Faculty Service Day and in observance of Presidents Day.
- It’s time to shop! The OHS Spring/Summer Consignment Sale is this week in the Enrichment Center. Come shop the sale for great deals on gently used children’s spring and summer clothing, shoes, swimsuits, bikes, sports equipment, toys, books, DVDs, baby equipment, home décor and more. Used OHS uniforms will be on sale Friday, February 24, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Click HERE for a complete schedule of sale dates and times.
- Mark your calendars to attend the next Common Trust Speaker Series event on Monday, March 6, at 6 p.m. We are excited to welcome Devorah Heitner, Ph.D, founder of Raising Digital Natives and author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive and Survive in Their Digital World. We understand that raising kids in the Digital Age is a topic of interest for many, and Dr. Heitner’s talk is an opportunity to hear a realistic yet optimistic perspective on helping kids navigate reputation, friendships and exclusion in the age of texting and social media. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this informative presentation. Free child care will be provided. To register, click HERE.
- As a follow-up to our Common Trust Speaker Series, we are hosting two lunch and learn sessions, the first on Wednesday, March 8, and the second on Tuesday, March 14, to continue the discussion of navigating parenting in the Digital Age. Dr. Dave Verhaagen of Southeast Psych will lead a two-part series, A Parent’s Guide to Technology and Social Media, to take a deeper dive into this important topic. Both sessions will be held from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. A complimentary light lunch will be served. Please RSVP to Kate Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you plan to attend.
- Registration for the final session of Explorations mini-classes is now open. We are delighted to continue offering Clay Creations, Taekwon-Do, Super Skills and private guitar, piano and vocal instruction. Please note, space is limited for piano and guitar lessons. All students registered for a mini-class may also attend Explorations on their assigned class dates at no additional charge. For specific details about each class and the link to register, please click HERE.
- The OHS Online Auction is coming! Formerly called the OH Ho Ho Online Auction and held in November, the OHS Online Auction will now take place in the spring. Items that previously were auctioned at the Spring Fling party, including class art projects and A Day with Miss Roxie, will be up for bid during the online auction. Week One bidding will begin April 4, at 8 a.m. For more information and to register, please click HERE.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, February 20
Faculty Service Day—no student attendance
Tuesday, February 21
Rotation Day K
Second trimester report cards issued
Consignment Sale Drop-Off, 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. (appointment required), Auditorium
Wednesday, February 22
Rotation Day H
Consignment Sale Drop-Off, 7:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. (appointment required), Auditorium
Consignment Sale VIP Pre-Sale (for volunteers who worked two shifts or consignors who worked one volunteer shift), 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., Auditorium
Thursday, February 23
Rotation Day I
Consignment Sale Volunteer Pre-Sale (volunteers and consignors) 8 a.m. - 10 a.m., Auditorium
Consignment Sale, 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Auditorium
Friday, February 24
Consignment Sale, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., Auditorium
6th Grade Greek & Roman Banquet, 11:15 a.m. - 1:10 p.m., FPC Courtenay Hall—please enter through the main school entrance
6th Grade Olympics, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., FPC Gym
Consignment Half-Price Pre-Sale (volunteers and consignors), 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Auditorium
Saturday, February 25
Consignment Half-Price Sale, 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Auditorium
February 20 - 24, 2017
Mushroom asparagus quiche
Brown rice and wheatberry pilaf
Sautéed Swiss chard with garlic and red peppers
Cream of spinach soup
Grilled chicken breast with pineapple salsa
Baked portobello mushrooms caprese
Mixed pasta with garlic oil and Parmesan
Sautéed sugar snaps
White bean and ham soup
Marinated chicken tenderloins
Quinoa-stuffed red peppers
Ginger-glazed baby carrots
French onion soup
TF Express Traveling Flavors: Munich
Bratwurst with sauerkraut hoagies
Roasted root vegetables
Braised red cabbage and raisins
German leek and potato soup
Baked chicken ziti
Baked vegetable ziti
Steamed Brussels sprouts
Vegetable beef and orzo soup
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.