- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - January 1, 2017
Week of January 1, 2017
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Happy New Year! We hope you enjoyed a wonderful and restful Christmas break. We look forward to welcoming students back to school on Wednesday, January 4, for the second half of the school year.
- Winter is here, and along with winter, comes the chance of snow and ice. In the event of inclement weather, school closing or delayed opening information will be communicated through our automated message system, Blackboard Connect. The school’s status will also be reported on our social media sites and local television stations. We will report closing or delayed opening information by 6 a.m. Please note, if you do not receive a call or email, the school will operate during normal business hours.
- The 2017-18 Major School Dates Calendar is now available. Click HERE to view or download. Please note, the calendar does not include dates for curricular programs and special events.
- You are invited to join us for a special Flag Raising on Friday, January 13, to commemorate MLK Day. Dr. Frank Dobson, associate dean of students at Vanderbilt and director of the Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center, will briefly speak about the history of the Nashville Civil Rights movement as it relates to Martin Luther King, Jr. We hope to see you there!
- As we enter peak cold and flu season, we remind you of how to help prevent the spread of these illnesses. It is very important to keep your child at home if he or she has any of the following symptoms: fever, body aches, chills and sweats, persistent cough, fatigue/weakness or nasal congestion. For more guidelines about when to keep your child home from school, please click HERE.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, January 2
Christmas Break, school closed
Tuesday, January 3
Teacher Professional Development, no student attendance
Wednesday, January 4
Rotation Day K
Girls Basketball Practice, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., FPC Gym
Boys Basketball Practice, 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m., FPC Gym
Thursday, January 5
Rotation Day H
Girls (Green) Basketball vs. Brentwood Academy, 4 p.m., FPC Gym
Boys (Green) Basketball vs. Brentwood Academy, 5 p.m., FPC Gym
Girls (White) Basketball vs. Covenant School, 6 p.m., FPC Gym
Boys (White) Basketball vs. Covenant School, 7 p.m., FPC Gym
Friday, January 6
Rotation Day I
OHS Dads, 7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m., Dining Hall
January 2-6, 2017
Christmas Break — school closed
Lunch for Explorations Winter Wonderland attendees only
Roasted vegetable quesadilla
Peppers and onions
Slow-cooked pinto beans
Chicken noodle soup
Eggplant parmesan with marinara sauce
Three-bean vegetable soup
Vegetable stir fry
Citrus and garlic pork shoulder sliders
Portabello mushroom slider
Carrot coins with thyme-honey butter
Sweet potato fries
Hearty vegetable soup
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.