- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - May 1, 2016
Week of May 1, 2016
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Field Day T-shirts are now on sale! Oaks or Acorns team T-shirts are required for students in 3rd-6th grade. The Field Day T-shirt is optional for students in Kindergarten-2nd grade. To view all T-shirts, please click HERE. The cost of each shirt is $7. If you’d like to order, please click on the appropriate order form for your child, Kindergarten-2nd grade T-shirt or 3rd-6th grade T-shirt, and return the completed form with payment to the school office no later than Friday, May 13. Questions? Please contact Missy Goodman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New this year, Explorations will be open on Friday, May 13, to accommodate for early dismissal following Field Day. Registration to attend Explorations on this day is required. To register, please click HERE. The final day of Explorations for the school year is Tuesday, May 17. Thank you for your support of the Explorations program this year!
- Explorations has collected many items in lost and found. If you are aware of something that your child is missing, please come by Explorations to look through and claim these items before the end of the school year.
- Moms, please join us on Wednesday, May 11, at 8:30 a.m., for the last Moms in Prayer meeting of the school year. We are excited to welcome Nan Russell as our speaker during this meeting. We will also pray for the sixth-grade class by name and celebrate our sixth-grade moms. This will be the final Moms in Prayer meeting for some of them! Come by after drop off and meet us in the Gathering Place. Please enter through the main school entrance at South Porch and complete the collateral exchange process. Hope to see many of you there!
- The last day to check out library books is Friday, April 29. All books must be returned by Wednesday, May 11. The library will reopen for summer circulation on Wednesday, June 15. Stay tuned for specific times and additional programming details!
- The Service Learning Board is collecting items to help children in the hospital school program at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in support of the Students 4 Patients collection drive. The last day to donate is this Friday, May 6. Please bring in any of the following items to support the reading and science programs at the hospital: Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards (any amount), books on CD or tape and science exploration supplies, including paper towels, zip lock sandwich bags, Q-tips, food coloring and popsicle sticks. Collection bins are located in the Rotunda. The Students 4 Patients drive was created by Hannah Huth, an OHS graduate and CEO/founder of Looking Ahead 4 Kids.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, May 2
Rotation Day A
2nd Grade (Bruyère and Calhoun classes) Field Trip, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary—students should wear their green field trip shirts
Spring Athletic Banquet, 6 p.m., Auditorium
Tuesday, May 3
Rotation Day K
Kindergarten Field Trip, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Nashville Zoo—students should wear their green field trip shirts
Wednesday, May 4
Rotation Day H
6th Grade Leadership Retreat, depart 7:45 a.m., Victory Ranch
Thursday, May 5
Rotation Day I
6th Grade Leadership Retreat, all day, Victory Ranch
3rd Grade Field Trip, 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Mammoth Cave—students should wear green field trip shirt, jeans, comfortable walking shoes and a jacket
2nd Grade (Bradford and Howell classes) Field Trip, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary
Friday, May 6
Rotation Day LL
OHS Dads Coffee, 7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m., Dining Hall
PreK Mother’s Day Celebration. 8 a.m. - 10 a.m., FPC Gathering Place—enter through the main school entrance at South Porch
6th Grade Leadership Retreat, return at 3 p.m., Victory Ranch