- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - May 15, 2016
Week of May 15, 2016
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The end of the third trimester and the last day of school for students in PreK through third grade is Wednesday, May 18. All students will be dismissed early. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at the conclusion of their art show, when they will leave with their parents. PreK only will dismiss at 11:15 a.m. All other students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m.
- Explorations will be closed on Wednesday, May 18. Please make arrangements to pick up your child at the early dismissal time.
- Please join us for the Recognition Assembly on Wednesday, May 18, at 8 a.m., in the Enrichment Center. All students are required to wear their dress uniforms on this day. During this assembly, we will hand out student awards and recognize employees who are celebrating milestone anniversaries for years of service to OHS. The employees who will be recognized include: Roxie Gibson—40 years; Nan Russell—30 years; Don Dryden—25 years; Coneale Bethurum, Leila Eads, Terry Fralick, Adele Holloway, Karre Sloan and Kate Sullivan—15 years; Cindy Edgington, Gibson Keith and Carol Skinner—10 years; and John Boyer, Jane Brown and Ann Wert—5 years.
- All visitors attending any special events on Wednesday, May 18, including the Recognition Assembly and Kindergarten Art Show, must enter through the main entrance to the school at South Porch and complete the collateral exchange process. The main entrance will open at 7 a.m. We will set up check-in tables inside the main entrance to accommodate visitors and expedite the collateral exchange process. Please note, the doors to the Enrichment Center will be locked.
- Sixth Grade Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 21, at 8:30 a.m. Sixth graders must meet in Courtenay Hall no later than 7:45 a.m. Girls should wear white dresses and boys should wear their dress uniforms.
- Students in fourth and fifth grade are required to attend the graduation ceremony and must meet in their homeroom classes at 7:40 a.m. Fourth and fifth graders will be dismissed at 9:45 a.m. at South Porch. Students are required to wear their dress uniforms for the graduation ceremony.
- The last day to submit an application for the Service Learning Board is Wednesday, May 18. Rising 3rd- through 6th-grade students may apply. SLB meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month. Applicants must ask for a teacher recommendation. Please click HERE to download the SLB application. Questions? Please contact Susie Elder, chair of the SLB, email@example.com.
- There’s still time to sign up if your child is interested in participating in fall sports at Oak Hill. Please click HERE to complete and submit an electronic interest form. When we receive your form, you will be placed on the email likst for the selected sports teams in order to receive further information. Go Panthers.
The Roxie Gibson Library at Oak Hill School will be open every Wednesday during the summer, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., beginning June 15. For more information about summer programming at the library, as well as suggested summer reading lists, please click HERE. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
- This is the last Weekly Ticker of the 2015-16 school year. The Ticker will resume on Sunday, August 21, prior to the start of the new school year. We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable summer break!
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, May 16
Rotation Day I
Tuesday, May 17
Rotation Day LL
Dads Bible Study, 7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m., OHS Board Room
Sixth Grade Banquet, 6 p.m., Enrichment Center—girls should wear Sunday attire and boys should wear coats and ties with slacks
Wednesday, May 18
Milestone Reception, 7:15 a.m., Enrichment Center, South Lobby
Recognition Assembly, 8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., Enrichment Center
Kindergarten Art Show, 10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m., Courtenay Hall
Early Dismissal, 11:30 a.m. (PreK only dismisses at 11:15 a.m., and Kindergarten dismisses following the Kindergarten Art Show)
Thursday, May 19
Sixth Grade Graduation, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., FPC Sanctuary (Reception to follow in the Alumni Courtyard)
Friday, May 20
No School—Office open for business