- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - May 21, 2017
Week of May 21, 2017
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The end of the third trimester and the last day of school for students in PreK through third grade is Wednesday, May 24. All students will be dismissed early. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at the conclusion of their art show, when they will leave with their parents. PreK only will dismiss at 10:45 a.m. All other students will be dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Explorations will be closed on Wednesday, May 24. Please make arrangements to pick up your child at the early dismissal time.
- Please join us for the Recognition Assembly on Wednesday, May 24, at 8 a.m., in the Enrichment Center. Students in first through fourth grade should wear standard uniform attire and students in fifth and sixth grade should wear their dress uniforms. No tennis shoes! During this assembly, we will hand out student awards and recognize employees who are celebrating milestone anniversaries for years of service to OHS. The employees who will be recognized include: Lynn Durham—35 years; Brenda Boon—30 years; Missy Goodman and Barbara Sanders—25 years; Cheryl Horner and Suzanne Rannells—15 years; Susie Elder, Lisa Neeley and Kathy Pierson—10 years; and Kate Braddy, Alyssa Finneyfrock and Scott Mason—5 years.
- All visitors attending any special events on Wednesday, May 24, including the Recognition Assembly and Kindergarten Art Show, must enter through the main school entrance at South Porch and complete the collateral exchange process. The main entrance will open at 7 a.m. We will set up check-in tables inside the main entrance to accommodate visitors and expedite the collateral exchange process. Please note, the doors to the Enrichment Center will be locked.
- Sixth Grade Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 25, at 8:30 a.m. Sixth graders must meet in Courtenay Hall no later than 7:45 a.m. Girls should wear a long, tea- or knee-length dress—halter, strapless or spaghetti-strap dresses are not acceptable. Boys should wear their dress uniforms—no tennis or backless shoes, please!
- Students in fourth and fifth grade are required to attend the graduation ceremony and must meet in their homeroom classes at 7:40 a.m. Fourth and fifth graders will be dismissed at 9:45 a.m. at North Porch. Students are required to wear their dress uniforms for the graduation ceremony—tennis or backless shoes are not acceptable.
- The Over-the-Counter Medication and Medical History form for the 2017-18 school year is due this Wednesday, May 24. This important form is required on file for all students to help the Clinic prepare for needed over-the-counter medications. If you have not turned in the form, please click HERE now to access and print the form to submit.
- It’s time to sign up if your child is interested in participating in fall sports at Oak Hill. Please click HERE to complete and submit an electronic interest form. When we receive your form, you will be placed on the email list for the selected sports teams in order to receive further information. Go Panthers!
- The Roxie Gibson Library at OHS will be open nearly every Wednesday during the summer, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., beginning June 14. For more information about summer programming at the library, as well as suggested summer reading lists, please click HERE. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
- Results from the spring administration of the ERB CTP4 achievement test will be mailed on June 26. Students in second through sixth grade took this test. Please contact Brenda Boon, email@example.com, or Cheryl Horner, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to meet to discuss the results.
- Shutterbugs, as we end the year, please remember to upload photos to the Shutterfly site for your child’s grade.
- Moving, organizing or cleaning out over the summer … we need your help! Round Up is Friday, September 29, and we want to be sure the famous Bandage Bay is stocked and ready to see patients. Please drop off any old sheets in Kate Sullivan’s office that you would like to donate to Bandage Bay. We will need to work on getting these old sheets turned into bandages as soon as school starts!
- This is the last Weekly Ticker of the 2016-17 school year. The Ticker will resume on Sunday, August 20, prior to the start of the new school year. We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable summer break!
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, May 21
Rotation Day H
Tuesday, May 22
Rotation Day I
Sixth Grade Banquet, 5:30 p.m., Enrichment Center—girls should wear Sunday attire and boys should wear coats and ties with slacks (no tennis shoes, please!)
Wednesday, May 23
Milestone Reception, 7:15 a.m. - 8 a.m., Enrichment Center, South Lobby
Recognition Assembly, 8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., Enrichment Center
Kindergarten Art Show, 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., FPC Courtenay Hall
Early Dismissal, 11 a.m. (PreK only dismisses at 10:45 a.m., and Kindergarten dismisses following the Kindergarten Art Show)
Thursday, May 24
Sixth Grade Graduation, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., FPC Sanctuary (Reception to follow in the Alumni Courtyard)
Friday, May 25
No School—Office open for business, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
May 22-26, 2017
Penne chicken Alfredo bake
Tuscan white beans
Tomato basil soup
Selected by the Class of 2017 in recognition of their last lunch at OHS!
Lucky Charms cereal
Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese
Hash browns O’Brien
Early dismissal (no lunch)
Sixth grade graduation (no lunch)
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.