- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - May 7, 2017
Week of May 7, 2017
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Field Day T-shirts are now on sale! Oaks or Acorns team T-shirts are required for students in 3rd-6th grade. The Field Day T-shirt is optional for students in Kindergarten-2nd grade. To view all T-shirts, please click HERE. The cost of each shirt is $7. If you’d like to order, click on the appropriate order form for your child, Kindergarten-2nd grade T-shirt or 3rd-6th grade T-shirt and return the completed form with payment to the school office no later than Friday, May 19. Questions? Please contact Missy Goodman, email@example.com.
- Explorations will be open on Friday, May 19, to accommodate for early dismissal following Field Day. Registration to attend Explorations on this day is required. The deadline to register is Wednesday, May 17. To register, please click HERE.
- Don’t forget to bring in gently used school supplies for the Service Learning Board’s last project of the school year. Collection boxes for the donated supplies are located in the Rotunda. Please place items in a Ziploc bag and drop in one of the designated boxes. The following items will be accepted: used crayons, used pencils and erasers, barely used spiral notebooks, markers, scissors, glue sticks and art supplies. The last day to donate items is Tuesday, May 23. Thank you for your generosity throughout the year!
- The Service Learning Board is still accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year. Rising third- through sixth-grade students may apply. SLB meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month. Applicants must ask for a teacher recommendation. Please click HERE to download the SLB application. All applications must be received by Thursday, May 18. Questions? Please contact Susie Elder, chair of the SLB, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moms, please join us on Wednesday, May 10, at 7:45 a.m., for the last Moms in Prayer meeting of the school year. Miss Roxie will open us in prayer and Dr. Horner will be our special guest. We will also pray for our graduating sixth graders at this meeting. Hope to see you there!
- ‘Tis the season for gift giving! Graduations, Mother’s Day and weddings are all on the horizon. If you shop on Amazon, be sure to link your account to AmazonSmile and help OHS earn easy money. You will get the same great prices on spring gifts, AND you will be contributing to OHS. Contact Catherine Beemer, email@example.com, for more information.
- Summer is almost here, and we hope that your children are planning to play, learn and create with us at the Under the Oaks Summer Program. Camps are continuing to fill, so click HERE to register now.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, May 8
Rotation Day O
Early Morning Art (PreK-2nd), 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Lower School Art Room
Tuesday, May 9
Rotation Day A
Early Morning Art (3rd-6th), 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Lower School Art Room
New Families Parent Meeting, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Choral Hall
5th and 6th Grade Spring Concert, 6 p.m., Enrichment Center
Wednesday, May 10
Rotation Day K
Moms In Prayer, 7:45 a.m. - 9 a.m., FPC Gathering Place
Kindergarten Field Trip, 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Nashville Zoo—students should wear their green field trip shirt
Thursday, May 11
Rotation Day H
5th and 6th Grade Coding Club, 7:10 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Room C104
Friday, May 12
Rotation Day I
PreK Mother’s Day Brunch, 8:45 a.m. - 10 a.m.—students should wear their dress uniforms
4th Grade Field Trip, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., Belle Meade Plantation—students should wear their green field trip shirt
May 8-12, 2017
Oven-fried chicken tenders
Oven-baked steak fries
Seared garlic asparagus
Vegetable- and quinoa-stuffed pepper
Macaroni and cheese
Slow-stewed turnip greens and onions
Sweet potato casserole
Panko chicken breasts
Garden wild rice
Steamed carrots with raisins and onions
Roasted vegetable roll-up
Cream of asparagus soup
Penne pasta with broccoli, garlic and chicken
Mixed squash medley
Chicken Parmesan soup
Club sandwich on hoagie roll
Marinated mixed-bean salad
Greek pasta salad
Tomato lime gazpacho
Fresh baked cookies
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.