- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Weekly Ticker - October 9, 2016
Week of October 9, 2016
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Fall Break is scheduled for Thursday, October 13, through Monday, October 17. Though we will not have class, school will be open for business on October 13 for teacher inservice, and closed on October 14-17. We hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful break!
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are Tuesday, October 18, and Wednesday, October 19. Teacher Professional Development is scheduled for Thursday, October 20. Students will be dismissed early on these days. Dismissal for PreK and Kindergarten students is 10:45 a.m. All other students will be dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Students will be dismissed early on the day of Round Up, Friday, October 21. PreK and Kindergarten students will dismiss at 10:45 a.m. All other students will be dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Registration for half-day Explorations is now open! Explorations will be open October 18-20, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., and October 21, from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., to accommodate the early dismissal days for Parent-Teacher Conferences and Round Up. Lunch will be provided. Please reserve a spot by Friday, October 14. Otherwise a $10 charge will be added to the daily rate. For more details, including rate information, and to make a reservation, please click HERE. All reservations are final. Due to staffing and lunch/snack preparations we are unable to offer refunds for canceled or altered reservations.
- Moms, please join us for the next Professional Moms event this Tuesday, October 11, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. We will count Box Tops to be redeemed for the Easy Money program, as well as tear bandages to be used at the Bandage Bay booth during Round Up. The Professional Moms event will be held at the home of J’Anne Cox, 405 West Tyne Drive. Hope to see you there!
- There’s still time to sign-up for the Panther Cubs Dribbling Team. Boys and girls in first through third grade are invited to participate. Practices will be held most Mondays and Wednesdays in the FPC Gym right after school until 3:30 p.m., beginning Monday, October 31. For more information, and to register, please click HERE.
- Parents, please remember our fever policy if your child is sick. If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or more within the past 24 hours, he or she should stay at home. For complete sick policy guidelines, please click HERE for information about when to keep your child at home.
- Third- through sixth-grade girls are invited to join Oak Hill girls lacrosse coach Lolly Brown for a four-week lacrosse clinic this fall. This clinic is designed to introduce girls to the fast-paced, exciting sport of lacrosse. All skill levels are welcome. For more information and to register, click HERE.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday, October 10
Rotation Day I
1st Grade Pet Show—Fralick and Griffin classes, 8:15 a.m., North Porch
Musical Theatre Workshop Principals Rehearsal, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m., Choral Hall
Tuesday, October 11
Rotation Day LL
Service Learning Board Meeting, 7:20 a.m. - 7:55 a.m., Upper School Art Room
PreK Field Trip, Walden Farm—students should wear their green field trip shirt
1st Grade Pet Show—Ackerman and Fitzpatrick classes, 8:15 a.m., North Porch
Musical Theatre Workshop Rehearsal, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m., Choral Hall
Wednesday, October 12
Rotation Day O
Early Morning Art, 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m., Lower School Art Room
3rd Grade Field trip, 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Nashville Zoo—students should wear their green field trip shirt
Thursday, October 13
Fall Break—Faculty and Staff Inservice; school open for business
Friday, October 14
Fall Break—school closed
October 10 - October 14, 2016
Roasted turkey breast
Roasted vegetable pot pie
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Steamed green beans
Spaghetti alla carbonara
Spaghetti all marinara
Italian wedding soup
All-beef hamburger on whole wheat roll
Black bean burger
Tomato bisque soup
Ice cream sandwich
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
O, A, I and LL days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 a.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Storey and Bruyère classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Calhoun and Edgington classes
O, A, K and H days
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Davis and Smith classes
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., Smith and Davis classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Nickoloff and Derck classes
O, K, H, I and LL days
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m., McGee and Braddy classes
12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., Eads and Ward classes
Fifth and Sixth Grade
12:40 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.