- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
The following postions are currently available:
Lower School Assistant Teacher - A part time assistant teacher for first grade. The assistant teacher will work in the classroom with the lead teacher.
- Understands and supports Oak Hill’s mission, values, and culture
- Is knowledgeable about and sensitive to the needs of young learners
- Is a colleague of the teachers and other Oak Hill faculty
- Works in the classroom with the teacher
- Supports the plans of the teachers
- Assists in the preparation of materials for the classroom
- Assists teacher with individual or small group instruction and supervision of centers
- Assists teacher with classroom discipline following the lead of the teacher
- Shows initiative, including but not limited to, room appearance, bulletin boards, Tuesday folders, field trip arrangements, grade level programs
- Escorts the students to and from enrichment classes
- Assists in the supervision of the playground
Skills and Characteristics:
- A commitment to student-centered learning and a solid understanding of pedagogical approaches aimed at deep and differentiated learning
- An ability to work collaboratively with a positive spirit and sense of humor
- A growth mindset as demonstrated by a willingness to take feedback, be reflective, and adapt as needed
- A desire to be a lifelong learner as demonstrated by engagement in professional development
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A strong understanding of child development (academically, socially, and emotionally) and a passion for working with the young child
- An enthusiasm for relationship building with students, colleagues, and parents
- A commitment to support and be a part of building a diverse community that reflects God’s love as expressed in the Christian tradition
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- Prior teaching experience in lower elementary grades (preferred)
PRN Substitute School Nurse - Provide nursing services for students including:
- Medication Administration.
Provide Nursing care to students: including assessment, evaluation and
interventions for actual and potential health problems and implement first aid
measures for injuries.
Treat and Manage students with chronic health conditions such as: Diabetes,
Asthma, Food Allergies, etc.
- Promotion of health and safety.
- Actively collaborate with school staff, faculty and families.
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
Qualifications and Required Licensing:
- Current Tennessee Licensed Registered Nurse.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
- One year of nursing experience.
After-School Care Providers - Explorations, the after-school program at Oak Hill School, seeks responsible individuals to serve as after-school care providers, working with children, ages 4-12, in a structured and fun environment. The positions offer an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working with elementary-aged children. A background in education is preferred, but not required.
Substitute Teacher - We are currently seeking talented candidates to substitute teach in all grades and classes. A college degree is required. Experience working with children or education is preferred. Please complete the online application for consideration.
Substitute Bus Driver - We are currently seeking substitute bus drivers for morning and afternoon routes and for field trips. The requirements include 3-5 years experience, Class B CDL with P & S endorsements, history of unrestricted driving record, current DOT medical card. Please complete the online application for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Oak Hill School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The school’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All employees are responsible for complying with the school’s equal employment opportunity policy.