- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
The following postions are currently available:
Lower School Science Teacher - The Oak Hill School seeks a passionate and collaborative science teacher for students in grades PreK - 3. The candidate will inspire students to be curious about the natural world.
- Understands and supports Oak Hill’s mission, values, and culture.
- Is knowledgeable about and sensitive to the needs of young learners.
- Represents the lower school on the science academic team.
- Serves as the lead teacher of the lower school science curriculum in collaboration with the grade-level science representatives and the classroom teachers.
- Creates lesson plans and learning activities for the students based on Next Generation Science Standards and practices. The classroom teacher will assist with the science lessons.
- Delivers engaging instruction which incorporates hands-on learning and technology.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the individual learning needs of the students.
- Uses different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks, and other standard practices to evaluate student performance.
- Maintains accurate records of students’ progress.
- Maintains a safe and orderly science lab environment.
- Serves on the outdoor education committee to strategically plan and implement a curriculum to utilize our 55-acre campus.
Skills and Characteristics:
- A commitment to student-centered learning and a solid understanding of pedagogical approaches aimed at deep and differentiated learning
- An ability to work collaboratively with a positive spirit and sense of humor
- A growth mindset as demonstrated by a willingness to take feedback, be reflective, and adapt as needed
- A desire to be a lifelong learner as demonstrated by engagement in professional development
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A strong understanding of child development (academically, socially, and emotionally) and a passion for working with the young child
- An enthusiasm for relationship building with students, colleagues, and parents
- A commitment to support and be a part of building a diverse community that reflects God’s love as expressed in the Christian tradition
Spanish Teacher for PreK through Sixth Grade - Specific responsibilities of this position include implementing a full Spanish curriculum that meets the school’s mission and goals, exhibiting knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach the varying developmental levels of the PreK-6th grade student, developing engaging units and lessons that meet the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language) standards and use a variety of instructional methods and resources, expanding our students’ knowledge and appreciation of global cultures, and igniting a love of language in our students for enjoyment, enrichment, and advancement.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Spanish language. Or, if a native speaker, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education is required. Spanish teaching experience at the K-6 level is preferred, but not required to apply.
PRN Substitute School Nurse - Provide nursing services for students including:
- Medication Administration.
Provide Nursing care to students: including assessment, evaluation and
interventions for actual and potential health problems and implement first aid
measures for injuries.
Treat and Manage students with chronic health conditions such as: Diabetes,
Asthma, Food Allergies, etc.
- Promotion of health and safety.
- Actively collaborate with school staff, faculty and families.
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
Qualifications and Required Licensing:
- Current Tennessee Licensed Registered Nurse.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
- One year of nursing experience.
After-School Care Providers - Explorations, the after-school program at Oak Hill School, seeks responsible individuals to serve as after-school care providers, working with children, ages 4-12, in a structured and fun environment. The positions offer an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working with elementary-aged children. A background in education is preferred, but not required.
Substitute Teacher - We are currently seeking talented candidates to substitute teach in all grades and classes. A college degree is required. Experience working with children or education is preferred. Please complete the online application for consideration.
Substitute Bus Driver - We are currently seeking substitute bus drivers for morning and afternoon routes and for field trips. The requirements include 3-5 years experience, Class B CDL with P & S endorsements, history of unrestricted driving record, current DOT medical card. Please complete the online application for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Oak Hill School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The school’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All employees are responsible for complying with the school’s equal employment opportunity policy.