- About Oak Hill
- An Oak Hill Education
- Student Life
- Support Oak Hill
Dining Hall Services
Oak Hill School is excited to partner with Flik Independent School Dining to provide lunch and catering services on campus. At Oak Hill School, we employ practices that embody a healthy, safe and sustainable dining lifestyle and that are consistent with Flik Dining standards.
Fresh, healthful food preparation, utilizing batch-cooking techniques and locally and sustainably-sourced ingredients is the cornerstone of the Flik food service program. Flik creates a wide variety of menus to provide students the opportunity to explore diversity through foods and learn the importance of making healthful food choices.
Highlights of the Flik program, offered daily in the Dining Hall, include:
- Chicken and turkey that have been produced with the restricted use of antibiotics. Foods prepared from whole, fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products that contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and high levels of sodium.
- Meats graded “choice” or higher. Deli turkey and roast beef are roasted and/or smoked in-house and are nitrate free. Ham is low-sodium and all products are free of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), fillers and gluten.
- Fresh milk only from cows that have been certified to be free of the artificial growth hormones rBGH/rBST. Organic milk is also offered daily.
- Fish and seafood purchasing consistent with Monterey Bay Seafood Watch sustainability guidelines.
- Shell eggs offered are cage-free and certified humane.
- Seasonal local and organic fruits and vegetables as pricing and availability allow. Local and regional sourcing is standard and is automatically the first option in purchasing.
- Soup bases that are gluten free, low sodium and do not contain MSG.
- Salad bar items that are prepared fresh on premise. A selection of house-made dressings, cottage cheese and low-fat yogurt are available daily.
- Minimal amounts of fat in food preparations, utilizing olive and non-hydrogenated canola oils which have more monounsaturated fat and less saturated fat than other cooking oils. Our oils do not contain trans-fats.
- Nutrient-dense foods, such as colorful vegetables, whole grains and legumes, are a regular part of offerings and programming.
Dining Hall Lunch Times:
PreK and Kindergarten, 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
1st and 2nd grade, 11:25 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
3rd and 4th grade, 12:05 p.m. - 12:35 p.m.
5th and 6th grade, 12:45 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.